Saturday, June 10, 2006

Past the long necks and over the rivers that burn.....

So, I've been gone the past week and a half to play in Utah. I got to spend a lot of time with family, which was especially nice. While I've been in Utah, Ben has been galavanting around in Guatemala, performing medical service and providing translating help. What a good young man he is! He gets home tomorrow and I just can't wait to see him! He got priority to take the camera, since he was off to a much more interesting place, so sadly I have no pictures from my Utah visit. However, Monday I will post some pictures from Ben's trip to tropical Central America. I'm sure they will be culturally uplifting!

So, I did some fun things this past week, while playing with family. For one thing, I visited the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. It was a great place! It was especially fantastic for the kids. They had some very impressive exhibits and activities for young ones to do (and I had fun with them as well!). To play some silly dinosaur games, click here. Later in the week, we rode on the Heber Creeper up Provo Canyon and back. I don't remember ever having rode on a real train before. It was very fun, but also made me thankful that we now have cars, because they sure are a slow and bumpy way to travel!

Oh, Dadoo just emailed me some pictures taken while visiting the Hogle Zoo, one of the many fun outings I had while in Utah. And I forgot to mention, that I also visited Wheeler Farm! Emma thought the chickens were the greatest. By the way, the picture to the right was taken while aboard the zoo train. Sarah kept busy by taking documentary footage of our travels.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well! I'll post again soon...

5 comments:

  1. I went through the museum last year and thought it was great. I can see that with little uns it would be even better. Oh, you were emailed some pictures taken while at the Hogle Zoo, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dadoo! I've included a selection of the pictures you sent onto my blog and flickr. I love pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to have you home. I'm excited that you get to come back again soon! Also our missionary will be home! Yipee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you made it home in one piece. You have had quite an adventurous week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played the dinosaur games. Thanks for the fun.

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.