
Hello family and friends! We've had a lovely weekend! I love blogging when I actually have something fun to write about. :) On Friday night, Ben, Emma, and I went camping at Lake Pleasant Regional Park. It was so much fun! The weather was awesome. Like I
mentioned in the last post, it's really been warming up, so sleeping outdoors was quite comfortable. We put Emma to sleep in the tent (in her new pink sleeping bag) at about 8:00. Ben and I then spent the next couple of hours relaxing and chatting by the fire and playing several rounds of Rummy (Ben won... big surprise). It was a very pleasant overnight trip. We did run into somewhat of a predicament however. I
woke up at midnight and had this horrible feeling that I had left our crockpot turned on back home. I really felt that I needed to go home and turn it off (it had been on for 15 hours!). Anyway, I woke up Ben and told him that I need to go home and take care of this little mishap. Luckily, our campground was only about 20 minutes away from our
apartment. So, I drove home at 12 and got back at 1. It was a really good thing I went home too... the food in the crockpot was smoking a little and all the liquid was cooked out and all black. Goodness sakes! So, it was truly a blessing to have woken up and remembered it was left turned on. But, like I said already, our camping excursion really was great (other than my midnight drive home!). The next morning we cooked breakfast (scrambled eggs, hot chocolate, bagels, fruit, and juice... yum!) and then packed up and headed home. We got back at about 10. That evening we went to the Spring Fling, a dance hosted by the school. It was held at the Arrowhead Country Club. We (Craig, Aubree, Matt, Jess, and Ben and I) went out for a quick dinner at Pei Wei and then headed over to the dance. It was so fun to socialize with our friends and get all dressed up. Heather Peck was hired as the professional photographer at the event, so we got lots of pictures taken (much better than the amateur photo I took below). She'll be posting them soon on her website for Little Things Photography. You'll also find that my maternity photos are located here as well. Oh, and for my family's sake, in the picture below from left to right are: Jess, Aubree, Heather, and Taya. Such good looking friends I have!
I love camping!!! I'm so glad that you remembered the crockpot! I ALWAYS freak out that I left something on.
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute!! I can't wait to see the dance pictures! It is so fun to get dressed up.
I'm glad I talked you into the stroller. It really is fabulous!
See ya!
Susan, I want to go camping with you guys. We love to camp. We should plan a big group and go. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I leave my hair straightener on, and I always get in trouble. But so far I haven't burned anything down.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you remembered the crockpot!
ReplyDeleteEmmas pink sleeping bag sounds cute. Do you have your own tent now?
Good news, our weather has finally turned to Spring. I even raked up 5 bags of leaves on Saturday. They must have fallen just before it snowed and have been waiting for me.
It looks like you guys found a nice flat place for your tent, alas no doubt there was a rock under your sleeping bag, camper luck!
ReplyDelete