The weekend continued to be great with a wonderful Saturday morning. I ran my first 5K and I was just so proud of myself for not dieing on the side of the road in exhaustion (beforehand I had thoughts of Micheal Scott running for the cure for rabies and him throwing up at the end of the 5K... that could have been me!). Anyway, I managed to push through the race without stopping to walk and I actually won a trophy! Somehow I got 3rd place in my age group. Woohoo! My trophy is a cool bobblehead - so awesome! Now I need to find a place to put it. :) I was also really proud of Emma - she ran the 1 mile kids race and almost ran the whole time! Way to go Emma! The Hunters attended the event as well. They are so fun. Craig ran the 5K also and finished in 24 minutes - awesome!! Addy also ran the kids race and was a real motivator to Emma as she booked it off the starting line!
So, Ben is currently out in Scottsdale somewhere picking up a trampoline. We're getting it for free from my brother-in-law's boss whose looking to give it away. We're so excited! Well, Emma is especially excited - she loves jumping. :)
congrats! Your first race and you won a trophy??!! Good job girlie!
ReplyDeleteHooray for your race, your trophy, your anniversary and your trampoline!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!
ReplyDeleteOhh I see there were many runners, third place in your age class is great and on your first run. Congrats to Suuuusaaan!
ReplyDeleteSix years, that's serious time, you both have worked hard to make this happen, I think it's wonderful. I just read that many young LDS singles are very cautious of early marriage for fear that it will not work out. You guys are helping the average, keep it up...
Awesome job on the 5k. Yeah if I ran one I would be like Michael Scott too! :)
ReplyDeleteSusan, Great job on the race I just love your trophy! Happy anniversary two!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed you won a trophy!! Way to go!! Maybe it was the new running clothes?!?!? :) That is also super exciting about the tramp! and congrats on 6 years!
ReplyDeleteYOUR my hero SUSAN! I am so proud of you... marathon here you come.
ReplyDeleteYou sparkle! Cute trophy.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of Ben to take you shopping and all. He's a good guy.
Way to go Emma! What a good little runner you are too.
Susan, YEAAA for you. It was great to hear about your happy week-end. You must be on the right track! I'm glad your doing awesome.
ReplyDeletep.s Yea for eternal marriage to good hubbies!
Congrats! Maybe one day I can be where you are!?! Maybe not!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! Your amazing. Not only for racing and finishing but for winning a trophy. That is awesome.
ReplyDelete