Friday, January 16, 2009

My little Fairy Princesses


Ben's has been away this evening on a Young Men campout - the crazies are out there camping in the snow up in Flagstaff. He seemed rather excited about it... me, on the other hand, was glad to be able to stay home in my warm house. :) Since daddy was away, the rest of us girls decided to have a tea party. Nothing more girly then that, right? For Christmas we got Emma a new cookbook called, Pink Princess Tea Parties. She loves it, and considering she loves cooking, princesses, and anything pink, that's no surprise. Well, she picked out the recipe she wanted to do - the teacup cupcakes (probably because it was pictured so prominently on the front cover. We headed to the grocery store and picked up a couple things we needed and headed home to get cooking. She was a good help and did a lot of mixing, adding of ingredients, and most importantly adding pink sprinkles at the end. We made most of them as regular cupcakes in a muffin tin, but a few we made special in teacups. The girls dressed up as a Fairy and a Princess and happily dug into their special pink cupcake creations at our candle-lit table. So, other than a messy kitchen to clean up, we had a fun evening - even though daddy was away. So, once I have this boy that's on it's way... how will he fit into our pink princess tea parties? I guess you always need a prince right? Or maybe daddy will have to take him on his scout campouts so that we still have our girly nights. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Nights like that with your kids are priceless. I always wish I could bottle up the memories and fun and open it up every once in awhile just to remember when things get crazy. I guess that's why we take lots of pictures. I am glad you guys had a fun evening, and when Daddy is away the girls gotta play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute! Lauryn and her cousins had a tea party too last weekend. Im so behind in posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca looks much happier. I'm glad she's over her cold now. Mine is ending, but I think your dad is just getting started. That's true family togetherness.
    I'll bet you're loving the warm weather. That's a big switch from our snow. At least it's sunny today and we can see some grass.
    I was intrigued by your lovely mixer in that picture. My hand mixer isn't functioning. How do you like the big mixer? Do you prefer that over a small hand mixer? I may need to decide.
    You inspired me with your recipe box. I have books, but a poor collection of regular favorites. I've spent the last 3 days working hard on it and getting each card covered with clear contact paper.
    I'm in the stage of life where I learn more from my children than I can teach them.
    I also made several nice game pieces for primary. It's fun to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute girls night! Those cupcakes looked tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian and I were laughing about Ben being excited about a snowy campout in Flagstaff...when Brian was in teacher's quorum he dreaded those :). What a fun night with the ladies! You won't have to worry about what to do with the little guy for a few more years--til he figures out that all that stuff is for girls :). He'll probably really like it until then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Jacob around I'm sure he wouldn't mind having his sisters join in a golf putt off on the living room green or toy monster truck duels in the sand box with real mud! Hand painting and block building/demolition are also fun group activities for active children.

    Hmm, Susan you need to read up on boy fun!

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.