Thursday, March 19, 2009

So much GOOD NEWS!


So we found out this morning where Ben will be spending the next 3 years for his internal medicine residency! He matched with our first pick of Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ. Woohoo!! It's a great program and a beautiful hospital. We're seriously so excited about it and feel so much relief and peace to finally know where we will be - lucky for us, we won't have to go very far, seeing as the hospital is only about 20 minutes east of us - it's a relief to not have a big cross-country move to worry about.

In other great news, I had an OB appt this morning (it's been a very eventful morning!) and the doctor plans on inducing me on March 31st! That's only a week and a half away - holy cow!! I need to start getting my house in order for a new baby and I'm seriously running out of time.

To sum up, we are very happy today in the Dangerfield house! - lots of big changes coming up for us in the next few months and we feel very excited and blessed about it all. :)

22 comments:

  1. That's so great! Will you be moving still or staying where you're at since it is so close? Congratulations on the good news of getting induced early. That's nice that they can induce you so soon. My doctor can only induce me 1 week before my due date unless there's a medical necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that post just made me feel SO HAPPY for you guys - what a wonderful time! Congrats on matching with your first choice and I can't wait to see pictures of the third beautiful dangerfield!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Ben and Susan! And HELLO beautiful cammel back moutain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you get to stay where you are at, that is so awesome! Congrats :) I can't wait to see your little boy in the next few weeks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of good news! Exciting about making your first match! I had almost forgotten today was match day! (We have a few friends in med school.)

    And the baby has an offical arrival date! I'm more than a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats to you guys! I'm so glad that you got your first pick! I too can't wait to see that sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friends have summed things up well.
    We're so glad that life is working out so well for you and Ben. These are eventful years and today was full of good news.
    Your dad is working on plane tickets for your sister and me.
    Hopefully, we'll be there from Monday (March 31) till Saturday evening (April 4). Your dad will send you an itinerary when it's arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to say March 30th not 31st; that wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy...and jealous! I'm just planning on passing my due date. That is such great news! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That is so exciting. Sheldon is also thinking about internal medicine- but we have awhile to decide. Good luck with the inducement, crazy that it is coming so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on both changes in your life! How exciting for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, great news all around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulouso! I'm so stokes for you guys!! And, of course, selfishly glad that you'll still be around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lot of great news! Yay!! I'm so excited for all of it. Good luck with all the baby prep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your match! How nice that you will still be around family. Goodluck getting everything ready for your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! Great news all around for the fam. Congrats on both accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats that is great news, of course I was hoping Ben would have gotten Seattle Grace.

    I understand that next year Dr Webber is planning some major changes with their program. They have a great staff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS! Hur-RAY for first pick! Mayo, wow!!! GO BEN GO!!! :)
    And March 31st! Holy cow is right! That little boy is so lucky to join your family. Feel free to bring the girls over sometime so you can have some "get ready" time. :) Maybe early next week sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's always a good feeling knowing what your future plans are...thats great your husband got his first pick.

    So, you will be induced on the 31st? Hopefully they do it early and he is born the same day or he may have an April Fools Day birthday! That would be funny though :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. YEAH!
    Too bad you won't be heading back up to utah, i miss seeing you around

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's awesome that you got your first pick. And I can't imagine how nice it is to know where you will be...and even better that you really don't have to go anywhere! Lots of exciting news for one day! Good luck with the induction. We can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay!! Congratulations you guys!! It's so nice that you don't have to move out of AZ! AND I'm so excited for you to have baby number 3! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.