Monday, November 02, 2009

Dancing Skeletons


It feels strange that it's already November! I'm not really mentally ready for the holiday season, but to start in preparing myself, I'll first tie up loose ends by posting about our Halloween night. We were quite the sight all dressed up in our skeletons get-ups. The 10 of us went around with the kids for trick-or treating to 15 or so houses... at one of the homes the nice people who answered the door wanted to take our picture. :) We ended the evening by putting the kids to bed and watching The Watcher in the Woods... it gave me the heebie jeebies!













We played around with a black light and had fun dancing with our skeleton bodies... we're pretty goofy... and most definitely hopped up on a bit of sugar ;) OH- and people asked where we got the costumes... well, we actually made them - Ben's mom, sister, and I all spent Conference weekend cutting out and ironing on bones over black clothes. The kids shirts however, were bought at Children's Place... that's why they glow yellow - because their shirts already had glow-in-the dark stuff on them.



8 comments:

  1. Looks like good times. I'm glad you had fun.
    We had about 30 trick or treaters this year; our lowest number ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys seriously look so AWESOME! I love the costumes, I might just have to steal the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skeleton costumes! That is the cutest idea ever! I may think about stealing it one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, post it on Utube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your skeletons. so fun. looks like a great halloween year. I need your ideas for thanksgiving. i'll shoot you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great costumes! I bet you were quite the sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea for costumes! I might copy you some year when I'm a bit more ambitious.

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.