The kids had a great time trying out the slip and slide this week that Jake got for his birthday. And Ben was a super fun dad and went down the slide a few times too. I took too many pictures, as is typical...










This week we also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary! I love saying we've been married for 9 years... it's so close to 10! How exciting! I know it's cheesy to say, but it really has been a wonderful 9 years. When we got married, I was 19 and Ben was 21... so young! And we were still in the middle of college. Since then, we both graduated from BYU, I taught school for a couple years, Ben started medical school, and is now more than half way through residency, and oh, we've had 3 (and a half) kids! I'd say we've been rather busy... but that is the time of life we're in it seems. The constant change and busyness is hard to avoid. :) We celebrated by going out to eat at another new place for us- Cafe Bink. It's a small and rather casual looking place in the Carefree/Cave Creek area. The patio was really nice with an outdoor fire and hanging lights. The food was delicious! The most memorable food item of the night was the appetizer we ordered... we had read that it was a popular menu item - the french fries with 3 different dipping sauces: truffle ketchup, mustard aioli, and malt vinegar. I'm not a fan of vinegar (although Ben really enjoyed it), but I really loved the white truffle ketchup! Who ever heard of fancy ketchup? Well it was great! :) For an anniversary present, Ben really surprised me with an amazing gift...

It's going to be a good project for the 2 of us to complete, and we plan on hanging it above our piano when it's done. If you are interested in one yourself, he ordered the print from this site, and then he took it and got it matted and framed - what a guy! I think it's so beautiful and will be a wonderful way to display our ancestry. Another reason why I love Ben... because I love that he would think to get me a gift like this. :)
On Friday, we attempted taking the kids to a nearby splash pad, but apparently it's too early in the season (even though it was 100 degrees!) and our outing was a bust. The kids were sad, to say the least. So when we got home I found some leftover water balloons from last summer and we had an impromptu water fight. The girls had a wonderful time, but now I can officially say that Jake HATES water balloons! Ben got him soaked with one at the very beginning and this is the face he made...

The rest of the time while we were all having fun getting each other soaked, Jake cowered in the perimeter of the yard trying to stay as far away from the water fight as possible. We kept trying to just give him a water balloon to throw at us, but he didn't want anything to do with it! We laughed a lot at this whole situation. Jake has A LOT of personality and it's activities like this that really seem to bring it out. haha.

Lastly, April Fools Day! I tried to think up something new and clever, but in the end we just decided to do the same old jello juice trick we did last year. Even Emma didn't seem to remember us ever doing this before, because she was fooled as much as her siblings with the whole thing. Although, Jake was especially determined to drink this strange "juice". He sucked and sucked on that straw, convinced that eventually it would come up... and then he finally looked at me with this face...

I said "it's Jello Jake!" So, I opened up the lid and took out the straw and walked over to get him a spoon and when I come back, he's doing this...

I love Jake. He's the best. :) And don't you love that he has his dinosaur and alligator with him at dinnertime. Boys are pretty fun, if I do say so myself.
It will be neat to meet this new little girl. Maybe your Dr. will be kind and induce you extra early, so she's not 9 lbs though.
ReplyDeleteHey, that slip n' slide thing looks pretty good. Bens a good sport to get in there and try it too.
The genealogy chart is a good idea and nicely framed. Let me know if you need any info. Anything I can't help with, your grandma can, for sure.
Poor Jake. He looked like he was having a rough day there. A water balloon in the face and later Jello in his drinking cup. Hopefully, he's a forgiving boy.
Don't ever worry about taking to many pictures. I, for one, love all of it.
When I was a lad we would put plastic at the end of the slide, turn a hose on it and down you would go! It seems there were some issues with a wet bathing sticking to the metal slide, but somehow it worked.
ReplyDeleteI need to learn more on the Family History chart. Do you hand write the names or do you print it off the computer?
And Jake, sorry son, get used to it with 3 sisters, you will always have battle, I have 2 sisters and it never gets easy. (just kidding Jan and Julie)
A couple of those pictures (especially Jake in the water fight) made me laugh right out loud. What a cute family you have! Glad you had a good anniversary (I agree - that is an awesome gift!) and that baby girl is doing well.
ReplyDelete