Yesterday evening I tried out a new cookie recipe that Ben had found last week. He wanted me to try it out, because they looked so good. Anyway, they did turn out quite delectable. ;) I've decided they would make great Valentine's cookies to give out to friends. Anyway, I recommend making these yourself as a February treat. They're a little time-intensive to put together (but what do you expect from a Martha Stewart recipe?!). Anyway, I had a fun time making them. For the recipe, click here.
I really love Valentine's Day... for many reasons:
1. a romantic date with my Ben
2. red and pink
3. tasty desserts
4. Valentine cards
5. hearts... particularly those funny conversation hearts... I don't like the way they taste, but the phrases on them are funny. One of my favorites is "Fax Me".
I was recently enjoying browsing around the Valentine's page on the Martha Stewart site and it was really getting me in the mood for this upcoming holiday. To peruse the page yourself, click here.
Sweets for the sweet, how nice indeed! That is real interesting on the origin of "Conversation Hearts" I never knew they had a name. Your mom sometimes has a dish of them around the house and they do make fun treats when dropped into a valentine card.
ReplyDeleteI can vouch for these cookies. I love them, except for when I drop crumbs on my books.
ReplyDelete-Craig
Susan will your mother come down on April 25ish to help you, hold the babies and get us through the wedding? Emma and Ben will need to show even if you can't. I thought in the night it would be great if she could be there for you, cause I will be overwelmed with the big do. I hope your babe is born on the 19., life would be perfect! I am so excited.........
ReplyDeleteCarol raises a good idea, we have a Frequent Flyer coupon for your Mom
ReplyDeleteYour cookies look yummy. I watched some of the Martha Stewart videos. She has such interesting programs. It sounds like I get to come to Arizona when the baby comes! How fun for me.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Peter on his upcoming wedding.