Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oooo... 2007!


Alas, the holiday's are over, but a new year has begun! 2007! It's beginning to sound so futuristic. I already reported on our visit to Utah, so I'll enlighten you all on what we've been up to the past week since we got back. We had a second Christmas in Gilbert with Ben's family... good grief... we are so spoiled. Emma was particularly reigned upon with gifts. In addition to the multiplicity of toys and such she received from her grandparents in Utah, she is also the proud new owner of a cute pink retro kitchen set from her grandparents here in AZ. She's been cooking up a storm since then... from soap, to carrots, to imaginary oatmeal. I guess the 'soap' doesn't really belong, but she found pleasure in putting a bar of soap in one of her little pots and 'warming it up' on the stove. She's a cute little strange one. ;)

We saw quite a few movies over the break. In Utah, we saw The Pursuit of Happyness, which made everyone cry, and was a great movie. In Arizona, we saw Night at the Museum and The Holiday. I enjoyed all of them really. Night at the Museum was silly and little strange, but very funny and I was quite entertained. I would recommend it. The Holiday was fun also. By the time it was all over, I felt satisfied with the way it sorted out and my feelings for the characters... In the beginning, I wasn't so sure. But, I would recommend it as well.. as least for the females of the world. It was a very girlie movie.

This past week we spent an afternoon at the children's museum in Mesa (in which Peter and Ben become rather involved in the motorcycles, and children's sized helmets) and we also went to Zoolights at the Phoenix Zoo. Zoolights was particularly great. We had hot chocolate and kettlecorn while roaming the zoo which was all adorned with Christmas lights. How lovely! When we were in Utah, we also saw the lights at Temple Square. They were obviously lovely as well.

Anyway, it's been a wonderful holiday break, but we are now ready to get back to real life. Ben is back in school (although, I definitely don't envy him for that) and I am chipping away at getting our apartment clean again and catching up on laundry. Fantastic! ;) Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of pink on Emmas kitchen, how cute. Look at her barefoot on the grass! Lucky! We are having a HUGE snow storm! We're getting buried and the snowblower isn't working. Shoveling is going to be a killer.
    Enjoy Arizona today. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.