Thursday, August 16, 2007

Little Bitty Baby Becca


Rebecca turned 4 months old this past Sunday. What a cutie she is becoming! I mean, she was a cutie from the beginning, but her smile is infectious and she is just a real sweetheart and it shows more and more as she grows. She had her well-baby visit on Tuesday. She's a tiny one - only 10 lbs 12 oz, which puts her in the 10th percentile. I was a little concerned when the nurse gave me her percentiles, but the doctor assured me that since she was only in the 10th% when she was born, that she is healthy and growing well. The doctor also gave the go ahead for rice cereal, which we started right away. I was so excited to try feeding her with a spoon for the first time and was anxious to see how she reacted to the new food. Emma helped a little as well, and Becca just loved it! She was so full and giggly afterwards. So, in addition to Becca turning 4 months old, we will finally be having her baby blessing this Sunday. We tend to be a slow to bless our little ones. Emma didn't get blessed till she was 3 1/2 months old... with Becca we're setting a new record. Ben joked that we better take care of it before she's able to say, "It's my blessing day, mommy!" ;)

We signed our lease for the house last night and the Realtor even gave us the keys! Woohoo! We weren't expecting to get them till the last week of August, but he gave them to us now, without even charging us for the extra time. So, this means we have 2 full weeks to start taking boxes of stuff over before we actually have to be out of our apartment. How splendid! I love a low stress move! When we were moving from Utah to AZ, it was a much different experience. We were actually going to live with Ben's parents for a few months at first, to save money and to give us time to find a place near the school... so that meant that we had to put all of our belongings in a storage unit for the summer, which was a little sad and a lot of work. This move will be much easier... thank goodness!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Becca's eating cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice, yum yum! Congrats on your new place.

    Dadoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca is so cute! You're looking wonderful too. I haven't seen what you look like lately. I like your long curls, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you look so pretty yourself susan:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to weeks to move! That's not bad at all.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree she does have an infectious smile. I love her!

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.