Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Desert Bontanical Garden

Yesterday Ben had the day off, which was so fun! It was nice to have him come along with us to pick up Emma from school, so he could see where she's going everyday. :) Also, we stopped at the library and picked up a Culture Pass to the Desert Botanical Gardens - which got us all in for free. I love free. It was a very amusing Family Home Evening activity. We had a heck of time getting there (there was lots of construction and detours around the area), but we finally made it with about 45 minutes left till closing. It was enough time to have some fun... and even though it was dark, much of it was lighted so we could see some pretty awesome cactus and very unique desert landscaping. And it wasn't hot since there was no sun. :) We had never been to the Botanical Gardens before and we were very impressed! I'm going to keep my eye out for another culture pass to try to get in free again - and hopefully this time we can get there while the sun is setting... it would be so lovely! The only one of us who wasn't thrilled about the outing was Becca - she was scared of all the cactus. You can tell by her cranky face in the picture below. ;)







3 comments:

  1. The culture pass is a great idea.
    I'd love to see that botanical garden! That looks like a fascinating place. I've always found nature walks to be uplifting.
    It appears that Becca isn't ready to be a wilderness girl.
    Maybe it's like the first time I saw the northern lights. They really freaked me out at first. Of course, now I fully appreciate their awesomeness. Nature and wilderness no longer disturb me, but completely enrich me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cactus are scary, I do not blame her. . . and in the dark! might as well have gone to a haunted house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay. Jacob has your smile but Ben's eyes. okay... why didn't we ever do the botanical garden!!!

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.