We started by eating a little picnic lunch in a shady spot and then we headed off to look at the cactus, aka Succulence (Ben loves to see the succulence, because he loves to say the word succulence)...



I was happy to see that the Butterfly Exhibit was going on again - I took the kids through it last year when my sister was in town and they really loved it...


You can't really tell from the following pictures, but the butterflies were really fluttering everywhere... when we first came in one kept landing on Jake's leg and from that point on Jake decided that he was really scared of butterflies - anytime he would see one get too close he would point and scream and run away... hahaha!










After the exhibit, we wandered through some other paths of more cactus and lots of wildflowers - we also saw some rabbits, lizards, and a cute little prairie dog. Then we stopped for a quick rest and Emma tried her hand at taking a picture of me and Ben together ('cause we so rarely get pictures of the two of us together... how sad is that?!) - well, this is what happens when we try to take pictures together...

Second try...

Better - but oh my goodness! I really am pregnant aren't I!! eek!




When we were done exploring (and very tired out), we stopped in the gift shop and got some prickly pear cactus candy for the kids to try out - Ben had been talking about it earlier as we looked at some prickly pear cactus, and the girls were very interested to try tasting it. Well, I thought it was delicious! Just like a really yummy soft gummy candy with a lemony berry flavor - Emma kind of liked it and Becca took one tiny bite and licked it a little before saying it was yucky. Jake loved it and a second after I took the pic of him below, he popped the rest of it in his mouth and covered his face in purple juices. :)


Hooray for a successful family outing! I'm thrilled because Ben started up a week of vacation time today - he's off through this coming Friday. We aren't planning on going on any trips this week or anything, but there are some fun events in the next few days - Jake turns 2 on Tuesday and Ben and I will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary on Wednesday! Big milestones! :) We kicked off his vacation time last night by getting to go the temple - it really felt like a date with a quick dinner at Chipotle prior to our temple time and then a stop at Bahama Bucks for a treat afterwards. mmmm. Ben's parents watched our kids and took them to see the movie, Rango. So, it was a fun evening for everyone... and hopefully more fun to come this week with Ben spending it with us. :)
I love your cute family. Emma's curly pigtails might be the cutest I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteGetting so excited for that fourth baby to join you!
I'm glad that you were able to get your culture pass!
ReplyDeleteMy, that's a pretty botanical garden. I hope that I can go there with you someday.
You keep the kids busy and learning. You take such good care of your family and I liked the way the girls hair was curled and fixed.
Susan, your tummy has popped out since I saw you last! It must be a bit uncomfortable, but you keep smiling. What a good mother you are.
Ben is a good daddy too. It's a huge responsibility to provide for any sized family.
YOUR SO BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pix of the gardens, I really enjoy the cactus. Those tubular devil's are freaky, can't wait to see all the varieties next time we visit. The butterflies or "smeterling" as my German friends call them, look great and isn't Jake as handsome caterpillar!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete