Well, I guess summer is finally really over because we spent our last weekend at the waterpark. It's officially closed till the next summer season. And it's cooled down to 92 degrees! I couldn't be more excited to be out of the 100 degree temps. Happy October! haha.
Bye bye Wet N Wild! We'll see you next year! In the meantime, I'm happy to retire the swimsuits and sunblock for a little while. I need to try to get in the mood for fall and holiday time. It helped to decorate for Halloween as our FHE activity this week. The kids were thrilled with all the orange and black and pumpkins and crows. We topped off the night with pizookie :) We had just gone to oreganos that weekend for dinner, and were reminded how delicious an underbaked large cookie with ice cream on top is. :)
Our new tradition the past few times has been to eat out as a family when Ben has his Friday night overnight shifts. These are elective shifts, but the moonlighting helps out the financial hole we are working ourselves out of. I'm thankful that my husband is willing to work so hard! But, it's been fun to come pick him up from the hospital for an outing in between his day shift and night shift. He has about 3 hours till he has to be back at work - so we've been finding it fun to try out new restaurants in the downtown area (or old favorites) and then to wander the botanical gardens nearby with our passes. :) We went to Duck and Decanter, a place introduced to Ben by his friend Karl. We ate on the patio and enjoyed the live music.
Look at the sweet cheesy smile on Claire. She is the best :) And who's that photobombing?
After dinner, we stopped at Zoe's Kitchen and picked up some chocolate cake and large cookie to take with us for dessert at the Botanical Gardens. I love my family. I have unique, smart, outgoing kids who are so enjoyable to hang out with - and Ben is the kindest daddy and such a caring husband. I just feel so lucky to have this little crew to spend my life with. :)
That last pix of the ladies is on my screen saver!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! So 92 degrees is Fall huh? Wow.
ReplyDeleteI'm being called to dinner. Aaron and Stef cooked.
Love you.