Monday, May 15, 2006

Early Summer Pleasures

What a wonderful Mother's Day I had yesterday! I actually feel rejuvinated having had a day to really relax and not feel guilty about. Ben took really good care of me and Emma to ensure that I had a pleasant day. I woke up to a clean house and a wonderful breakfast and even a mother's greeting on power point (isn't that just like Ben?). The best part is I didn't have to change a diaper all day! Woohoo! Oh, and Emma was particularly good during Sacrament meeting. She didn't have to be taken out even once. What a day!

To backtrack, on Saturday afternoon Emma and I went to Target and purchased some fun outdoor items for her summer enjoyment: sidewalk chalk, a beach ball, and an inflatable baby pool. We tried out the pool right away when we got home. Since we don't have a hose, I had to fill it up in shifts of about 10 pitchers of water and it still wasn't that full, but enough for Emma to really enjoy herself. I think an expression of Emma's true feelings for her new pool are portrayed quite accurately in the picture above. We may try out the sidewalk chalk sometime today. We'll see if I have a budding artist on my hands.

So, Emma continues to improve her signing abilities. She can now officially do all of the signs on the first 3 DVD's of Signing Time. That's almost 80 signs! I really think signing is great for kids this age. I feel like she can communicate with me so much more than she would otherwise. I also think it will help her start to speak even sooner and more efficiently because she is starting early to make language connections and better understand communcation. It's very exciting! I've added a couple videos of Emma doing various signs: one below and another called "Signing Emma 3" on the sidebar.




If the video does not display properly
click here to upgrade to Flash 8

1 comment:

  1. Emma is not only cute, she's brilliant! Thanks to her mommies attention and hard work, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.