We've had a fun and relatively relaxing start to our summer so far. On the evening after Emma's last school day, we headed to swim lessons (which we're in the swing of right now) and then we went to Cold Stone for ice cream as a school's out celebration. Ben stayed home with Jake, so it was a fun girls outing! I love my girls... they are very goofy...

And speaking of goofy... here's another example...

Ben switched over to Geriatrics for this month, which is at the clinic building (instead of the hospital), and since the clinic isn't open on holidays, he got a 3-day weekend! When Ben is home, we tend to eat more interesting breakfasts (as opposed to just cereal... which is what we eat for breakfast 95% of the time on Ben's workdays). This time around we had german pancakes one morning - yum... and very weird looking...

We did a bit of shopping this weekend... including time at Sportsman's Warehouse looking at fishing equipment. We're spending a week at a rental cabin this summer and Ben really wants to take the girls fishing, but we don't have any supplies... such as fishing poles. :) My mom has also gotten into fishing over the past while and hopefully we'll be able to give it a try with her when we visit next. Anyone ever gone fishing with kids? I have no doubt it will be interesting. :)
We made our first visit to the local pool (other than for swim lessons the past couple weeks) and Ben and I enjoyed some swim time with the kids...



For Memorial Day we had some of Ben's family over for dinner and did a bit of holiday celebrating. Jake isn't in any pics because he spent most of the evening in bed... poor guy been's feeling quite under the weather lately. Emma, Becca, and Adam helped decorate a flag cake, and after dinner they played in the sprinkler and threw poppers all over the ground. :) Oh, how I love summer!




It sounds (and looks) like your summer is off to a good start.
ReplyDeleteThe kids seem to be having a great time in all of the pictures.
I really like your Memorial Day table setting with all the little flags. The flag cake seems to be a regular tradition now.
You really know how to get into the spirit of things.
Your family appears to be enjoying a relaxed meal. Did you BBQ?
When you come up to Utah, have the kids bring along their favorite toys. Our home has gotten kind of adult, but we'll do lots of fun activities I promise.
Cute post! Where is that blue blue community pool? It looks fabulous. We love fishing and Jordan has taken LIlly out and they love it. She dosen't have a pole of her own, but I need to get her one this year for the cabin. Have fun with that!
ReplyDeleteSusan. I want the recipe to the german pancakes. I had it in Germany. and LOVED it haven't had it since. take care and love reading your blog
ReplyDelete