Monday, August 23, 2010

Eggs, flour, water... a recipe for a wild party!

We had a birthday party for my sister-in-law, Emily, on Saturday... and it was CRAZY! Seriously.... oh you'll see... We had a "Fannie Farkle's" party - the history of why it is called Fannie Farkle's is a little fuzzy in my mind, but I know that it goes back to Ben's mom's college parties. The tradition is carried on! And it was great! Let's do it again!

The party started out tame... as we began the set up...



And it progressively got a little crazier...



And before we knew it, we had our game faces on...



Let the wild rumpus start!




























The games included: digging for pennies in flour, egg toss, water balloon relay, tug of war (over the flour and water filled pool), and a pie eating contest. Even though I was in the pie eating contest, I did not eat any pie because it immediately began being tossed around on people's heads and faces. :) Happy Birthday Emily!! I think we'll remember this party for quite a while!

5 comments:

  1. Fun Birthday, btw I believe that "Fanny Farkle" relates to a skit on the irreverent Laugh-In Show from the late 1960's. The Farkle Family consisting of Frank and Fanny and their children Sparkle, Charcoal, Mark, Fritz, Fred, Flicker and Gar Farkle!

    I wish I was there,

    Dadoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a flour and water party before. It really did have a college feel to it.
    When I was young and attending B.Y.U. there was at least one silly group activity each year, such as throwing (washable) blue and white paint balloons at each other. I see that Clyde wears a PROVO T-shirt(Thats fun).
    I LOVE your 'Contenders' pictures. Those are really great.
    Emma and Becca are my refrigerator picture of the week. I'ts the one where Emma has here arms out like a mean Flour Monster.
    Good Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i have a yard. . . i too will throw a party like this. . . it looks like crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! That's my kinda party! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was some party. :) It looks like a lot of fun was had by all. I also love how you put the contenders pictures together. I'll have to star this one for possible future activities if I ever get brave enough to get so messy. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.