Ben's mom came out today and we spent ALL DAY painting! We had a good time though and spent a lot of time chatting and laughing - hanging out for 8 hours in a room full of paint lends itself to some silliness. :) To go along with Jake's retro space room, Carol used her mad painting skills to spice up the walls. It's super cool and Jake was signing 'airplane' to me when I put him to bed (is there a different sign for rocket?).
I've learned that overhead projectors are very handy when planning out murals
The super cool finished product... it's turning into a really fun boys room!My posts are really random sometimes, but how else do I squeeze in these little odds and ends... the girls both had a bit of homework this week and they both take it VERY seriously, which I think is cute....

You know who doesn't take homework time seriously? Jake. Emma had started out trying to do her homework at the kitchen table, but she soon discovered that it was too distracting...
Susan the bedroom looks AMAZING! What a lucky boy to have such an amazing room :)
ReplyDeleteUm, wow. That room is awesome!! And where on earth did you find that projector?? :)
ReplyDeleteThe mural is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI want a projector.
KelliAnn- Ben's mom owns the projector... his dad bought it for cheap at a school surplus store - they both work in the school system, so they know all the inside tricks. :) The last time I used an overhead projector was teaching school... oh good times.
ReplyDeleteThat room is super fabulous! I am jealous of your talents. I have to ask do the girls have a mural on their walls?
ReplyDeleteI love it! You've totally inspired me to do my boys room. We've been wanting to do an airplane theme in there and now you have given me some great ideas on how to do it. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Wow. And what is it with walking on the table and counters? My kids are obsessed with it right now. Makes me crazy but it is rather amusing.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow that is INCREDIBLE!!!
ReplyDeletethat is very impressive! way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! That looks so totally awesome!
ReplyDelete