Saturday, September 04, 2010

Still trying to cool down

Some things we've done lately...

- Another splash park... I counted them up, and this was our 8th splash park we've been to since the summer started - and some of them we've been to more than once. But like I've said before, there's not much else to do outside in the Arizona summertime.



Jake's happy face didn't last long... he was VERY whiny and sad on this particular outing... he's probably trying to say "mom!! seriously!! why are we at ANOTHER splash park?!! It's September already... why is it still 110 outside?!"... I know honey, I know.

I feel like I have lots of pics of Becca laying out on her towel... but this is seriously her favorite splash park/swimming activity... what a girl!

Oh, that, and being a goof! :) Now that she's in preschool she's getting to be better friends with so many other fun little girls and boys. And aren't her and Eden so cute being goofs together?


-And speaking of little friends, Jake got to play with Luke this week, who's just a few months older than him. They played well together, actually, and I laughed pretty hard when they both found little doll sized sippy cups and were enjoying sipping on them together on the step. ;) ...



-On Friday we attempted to go the Phoenix Children's Museum for their FREE night - every first Friday of the month, they are open late and everyone can get in free. That sounded great! I figured it would probably be busy, but we'd just shove our way through crowds and have a good time. Well, we got there and found that they have a cap on how many they let in at a time (obviously) and there was a huge crowd of people at the front entrance waiting for their turn to go in - they said the wait would likely be an hour long. SOOO, we decided we weren't up for that... so amidst a very upset and disappointed Emma, we drove to our favorite ice cream place just down the street from the museum and seemed to successfully cheer everybody up...



Emma got herself a blueberry soda... we discovered she has a very long tongue


-Saturday morning, we went to the zoo! The Lee's had a bunch of free passes for us to use, so we got to join them on a really fun (and sweaty) family outing. It was definitely HOT (the high today was apparently 108!), but we are all VERY VERY anxious for things to cool down, so just as with our activities last weekend, we are getting outside anyway and braving the heat, 'cause we're all sick of being stuck inside. We spent most of our time at the zoo's splash park... oh wait! That's number 9!... and the rest of the time we tried to stay in shaded areas and under misters when available. :)

















Emma loves to stand on this frog statue every time we visit... we convinced Adam and Becca to join her

Then Ben helped them all down at once... if you can't tell, the kids were very excited about this


Peering in at the iguana


-Movie Night!... Ben had to go in to work for a late shift this evening, so we decided to make the best of it! I bought these cute little popcorn containers from the dollar bins at Target last week - so Emma suggested that we should use them tonight and watch a movie together (after crazy Jake went to bed). It was a great idea! We watched Anastasia... the girls had never seen it - I love that movie! The music is the BEST! In fact, Emma was so excited when I told her after the movie ended that I have the CD with all the music that we can listen to in the car... I bought that CD over 10 years ago! It's fun to share things with my girls. :) Am I a dork that I have the Anastasia CD?

8 comments:

  1. Emma really does have a seriously long tongue! And I have to agree - I can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit so we can play outside again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream would have cheered me up! Guess what? I really am getting that kitchen aid attachment to make ice-cream! It's supposed to get here in about a week. I can't believe it.
    It will be easier than my big machine. I'll save that for large gatherings.
    Feel free to send your favorite recipes.
    Our weather is very nice right now and we are making the most of it. Labor Day is the last official holiday of the season. Believe me, when it get's to be January and February here, we will wish we were in a lovely place like Arizona.
    I hope it cools down for you soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for cousins, misters and ice cream. Love to the all having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are delicious! What a cute fam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see you this week. Can't wait to get out running. Only 99 on Tues:) I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so much fun! Your kids should never be bored! I love the Anastasia music too. Have the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the record, I LOVE that you have the Anastasia CD. (Can I confess that I still have the little mermaid and beauty and the beast on casette tape?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, thanks. :) When I posted that, I really just needed to get it off my chest, but then I found myself checking back often for comments, hoping for some validation. Um, and I, too, have the Anastasia cd. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.