So, onto the purpose of this post - It's Dr. Seuss' birthday! Jess and Charis both had recent posts that led me to want to do something fun and Seuss-like - so we had green eggs and ham (Canadian bacon) for dinner and dressed our table with colorful plates and fun Dr. Seuss books - Ben read Fox in Socks and The Cat in the Hat as the kids finished up eating and we attempted at speaking in rhyme for much of the time (see?! I just did it!). Emma, however, hardly ate any of her green eggs - I was teasing earlier in the day and told her that I had to buy green eggs to cook up for dinner. I suspected that this was resulting in her not wanting to eat it - so I explained that they are just regular eggs and I added green food coloring to them. In the end I guess they were just too unappetizing or something (and maybe I don't blame her on that one). BUT, she did say that she really wants to do this again next year...


OH, and on a side note - I actually ran 10 miles all by myself this afternoon! I still can't believe I did it, actually. And I ran 3ish miles this morning with friends, so I ran a total of 13 today! wo. I definitely wouldn't run that much for no reason, though - my reason is that I'm signed up to do a half-marathon with a couple fun girls in my ward THIS Saturday! I'm excited (and a little nervous for some reason). Three cheers for running!
First post!!
ReplyDelete2nd!
ReplyDeleteyou are crazy! a half marathon!?! running is not fun. . . so you must be crazy! Good luck! I would say i am jealous, but I am so oh very not jealous. Some day I hope to be fit again (that day will be approaching soon), but running in a 5 k isn't even on my list to dos. . . maybe I will walk a 5 k. . .but running? na. . . have fun, good luck! I do think you are amazing if you can do it!
ReplyDeleteand i agree with emma, green eggs and ham are ever so not appetizing. . . D is for doughnuts. . . now that is appetizing. . . next year go for doughnuts and soda pop and I am sure your kids will love dr. seuss dinner. . . he he he
ReplyDeleteHow do you find the time to go running with three kids? If I could do that maybe I'd be inspired to run too! I think it's a wonderful idea to celebrate so many things. You make me want to celebrate too. I'm thinking of doing something fun with the kids for St. Patty's day. I remember my parents had us put our shoes just outside the front door and a "little leprechaun" put gold chocolate coins in them one year.
ReplyDeletegood job Susan! Im so proud of you and so excited to hear about your race. KEEP up the great work.
ReplyDeleteShannon- Most of the time I run WITH my kids... so that's the trick! ;) I run a few days each week (3-4 miles) with a group of awesome running moms. I usually run while Emma's in preschool and then I just have the two younger ones - we all take our double and triple jogging strollers and run through the neighborhoods while our kids go along for the ride. It's pretty funny looking - I'll get a pic sometime of us all. :) I've only done a couple longer runs (8-10 miles) and they have all been while Ben was home to watch the kids (which isn't very often). If you decide you really want to run though, you just find the time somehow. :)
ReplyDeleteWow Sue. What a runner you are. I have really never wanted to do that, only because I was fairly certain it would kill me. I've probably never run more than two or three miles at a time in my life and that was plenty.
ReplyDeleteI can still hike fairly long distances and climb a steep mountain. At least there is a beautiful lake or view at the end to reward me.
Then, of course, thanks to my chronic fatigue stuff, I pay for it a couple of days later by having to sleep extra hours.
Congrats on your run. You've definitely earned some bragging rights.
As far as celebrating everything, I think it sounds like harmless fun. If you have the energy for it, I say, go for it.
Today I visited with your grandma. She's still in a cast.
I went out to look in their shed, because some squirrels have piled up thousands of pine cones in there! It was funny, but I'm glad I don't have to clean it all out in the Spring. Then again, maybe I will be helping.
I am so going to do that next year! I love Dr. Seuss! Oh, and how long did it take you to "get into running?" I have gone a few times but am having a hard time wanting to being consistent.
ReplyDeleteGood for you Susan! 13 miles! I've never run that far. And I love the Dr. Seuss celebration. When I was in second grade my teacher made us green eggs and ham if we came to school early on Dr. Seuss' birthday. I thought it was the coolest thing.
ReplyDelete