Saturday, August 14, 2010

well, summer... see ya' later!

The kids are officially driving me batty.... thank goodness school starts on Monday. Yippee!! So I guess the following is the last of the summer entertainment...

I'm still always on the lookout for fun, easy indoor fun to stay out of the heat and keep kids happy. I found this awesome website- Made by Joel. I really LOVE it! It's a little different because instead of it being a "mommy" made crafty blog, it's done by a daddy instead! 3 cheers for daddies! :) Dad's always have a different way of looking at the world, and that includes their take on entertaining kids. This guy has some really fun kid projects to create as well as lots of free printables - I like the printables on his site because they are all black and white... and since I'm a cheapskate, I avoid color printing whenever possible. I recommend checking out this, this, this, and this. :) Here's the kids enjoying one of the coloring pages...

Although the kids are in Sunday dresses, it was not a Sunday... they have the crazy habit of ALWAYS changing their clothes during quiet time... so they are usually wearing something different the 2nd half of the day... and sometimes they look crazy... I assume (and hope) other mom's have this issue in their home too?


So who's tired of seeing pics of my kids at splash parks?! :) Sorry, but that's pretty much all we do lately. We met up with friends earlier this week and played... they kept themselves busy out there for almost 2 hours! So fun. Thank goodness for sunblock!



We went to Desert Ridge today to do a bit of back to school shopping... Thanks to Target and Old Navy, Emma and Becca each got a new outfit for the first day of school, and Becca got her very first backback... and it's huge on her! and oh so cute! :) After shopping we had some lunch at Panda and then the kids played in the fountains there - we liked this one quite a bit because it was well shaded with plenty of seating for the mommies and daddies who aren't getting wet. :)



This pic captures some the kids personalities quite well... Emma is acting like a goof, and Jake is trying to eat the water

I like this one 'cause you can see Jake's big belly :)



My cute goobers


Good bye Summer 2010! It's been a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Those are fun pictures. The kids are really growing up and showing their individuality.
    School is good for the whole family!
    I remember there was always at least one mommy crying on the first day of kindergarten. I never understood that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you're at DR call me! I'm only 3 mi away. We're ready for Monday too. Oh and yes we do at least 2 outfits but maybe times 3 or 4 outfit changes a day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very, very cute. I love the big belly pic. Wow. I can't believe Emma is going to kindergarten. Has it really been that long since we taught together?

    ReplyDelete

You are going to leave me a comment? How kind.